Sunday 25 December 2016

Day 2



Day 2                                                                                                                                7/12/16
 The day of inner peace…finding yourself
 It was 5:30 in the morning. I came out of the room all cold, tugging my hands inside the jacket and four of us waited for our facilitators to come. It was dark and utterly still and quiet outside. We all had planned to go for a morning walk. So our 3 teachers joined us and we started off.
It was a peaceful walk, nobody talking but walked slowly on the dark road. The sky was filled with stars. On the way walking we saw a flashlight far away from us, it was moving as if searching for something. As two went closer, that appeared to be a human figure, it was a farmer. He had attached torch on his west and was working in his small piece of land. Such dedication, I thought, or the necessity?   
We saw a hill like huge pile of boulders placed together. We thought we would see a wonderful view and sunrise from up there. We climbed up that hill under a starry sky. That trek reminded me off my annual Harishchandra fort trek I used to have with my family. We reached at the top and watching the view from up there was an awestruck moment. We sat quietly over there till the sunrise. It felt like the time has stopped there, we could experience each and every second of serenity. Witnessed changing colours of the sky, birds chirping and freezing cold, but couldn’t get up from there until our hearts were full.
After getting ready we went to a village nearby called Anegundi. Some people say it’s a sleepy village. Walked into that tiny village, when people over there were looking at us as if we were a group of aliens. Visited many places around the village, old house of an anonymous owner, wooden chariot, small temples and the most joyous, long boat ride.  That day after so many days I had an empty,famished stomach and had one of the most delicious lunch of my life at a house-stay.
And The Day of Bonding
Coming back from the village, after taking a nap we did not have much to do. So we set up a bonfire. I think our bonding as a group started over that bonfire. We chatted, sang, laughed, played games, gossiped and the highlight stupid Ghost stories. It was a fun night and that when I knew I am spending my time with wonderful people and I was glad that o chose this group.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment