Sunday 25 December 2016

Day 1



Day 1                                                                                                                          6/12/16
Venturing into the land of the God!
After a tiring train journey, we got off from the train at Hospete around 7:30 in the morning. Stuffing our bags into a mini bus, we left for our Resort, KISHKINDA. The resort was a beautiful, calm place. Isolated from the main city, the resort had a huge lawn, swimming pool, small huts as rooms. Little did we know, that this place was going to become a fun place soon, and leaving this place was going to become really hard. As we reached, our immediate plan was to get ready in an hour and go out for basic sightseeing. I was so lost roaming around the resort and chatting that I was unaware of the time and was late on the first day itself. Whole group was waiting for me in the bus and that is when I realized I forgot my cellphone in the room. I rushed towards the room grabbed my phone and came running towards the bus. “What a great start Rahi”, I thought.
Reached at the bank of the river, across the river I saw the long stairway that lead to the temple. Thought to myself, now this is the way that I should be familiar with because that way was going to teach me a lot.  
First we went to Virupaksha temple, went together as a group. Admired the beauty of the architecture, carvings wandered around. And our facilitator acted as a guide as he had a bunch of information of any place that we were going to. After Virupaksha we headed to Hemakuta hills and saw small temples built around that place. Spent some relaxed time over there. By that time everybody was famished so we climbed down the hill and reached to the most famous restaurant in Hampi, ‘Mango Tree’.
Mango Tree is one of the oldest restaurants and is a very relaxing place. Comfortable Indian seating, soothing music and good food, all in one place. We fell in love with that place and that’s where it was decided that this place was going to be our mess for the next 8 days!!
After a fulfilling lunch we actually wanted to rest but were not allowed to. We hired bicycles and rode the streets in Hampi. Narsimha temple, Monolithic Ganesha and Bull all were covered in that afternoon.
While coming back, sitting in a boat thought have I remembered all the places that I can go by myself?
After such a long day, jumping into the swimming pool was the best relaxation. Played with the ball fro a while in pool and had a delicious food! I slept like a baby that day without worrying about what was going to happen the nest day because I  knew that I love this town already.

No comments:

Post a Comment